- I am sharing this content with you so that you would re-envisioned authority and understand how to implement your submission to God‘s authority. How life is made better by this.
- Human authority is often abused and misused.
- Different cultures have a different view of authority.
- A lack of trust because I’m not sure you will take the best care of me. I can do better for myself.
Matthew 20:20-21, 24-28
Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.
“What is it you want?” he asked.
She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.”
When the ten heard about this, they were indignant with the two brothers. Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- So what is needed to submit to God‘s authority?
- My authority is always subject to God‘s authority in anything.
- Why do we crave authority? Because we want things to go our way.
- overestimating the effect of those in authority over us.
- I had no ability at all to deliver my children from their addiction to self-rule.
- How do you teach kids to respect authority without making those in authority look like bad people?
- Does my self-care sabotage God’s care?
- Unless you become like these little children.