- Lots of people talk about how we are isolating more from others.
- Loneliness as the #1 problem
- We all are going to church less and less
- I miss calling church “God’s house”
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
“I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.” He says, “I will [future tense, sometime soon] build My church”–it’s going to happen.
- From Israel> to church; jews>all nations; israel as a nation> people from every nation
- The first church was the prototype
- Verse 42
- Note how everything was done in fellowship
- To the early Christian, fellowship meant, “to hold something in common” or “to share something.”
- Why was fellowship needed?
- The antidote to the persecution became the “one another” experiences
- Why is fellowship so important today? – danger of moving away from the prototype
- Without concentrated effort, we drift away from Jesus
- The call of Jesus is higher than our personal preferences
- Those closest to you can pull you away from Jesus
- We are to encourage each other to continue to grow closer to Jesus.
- The most precious thing we share together is our connection with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Church is a place to deal with sin and find forgiveness and salvation.
- When we pray in church we get a strong sense that he hears us and will answer in powerful ways
- It starts with our hearts
- How am I looking to God to lead me
- Who are you close to?
- church and Church