- My own soul’s conviction is that prayer is the grandest power in the entire universe – Charles Spurgeon
- The Holy Spirit does not flow through methods, but through people. He does not come to devices, but to people. The Holy Spirit does not anoint plans, but people, people of prayer, if we want to see God do what only He can do, we must be men and women have prayer. – E.M. Bounds
- Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, prayer is the greater work. – Oswald Chambers
- Prayer is the oxygen of the spiritual life. Without it we die. – Martin Luther
The overarching question for this whole series is really simple. Are you completely convinced that prayer is the greatest power?
- I want you to be convinced of this, that without prayer, we’re dead.
- The larger our church becomes, the more important prayer becomes…
John 15:7- If you abide in me, and my words, abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
5 Ingredients of Powerful Prayer
- The source of powerful prayer is.
- When it comes to prayer, too often we start with technique…
- Too many people think it’s their activity that produces fruit No, no, it’s our relationship.
- Abiding is anything that enhances your life with Christ and sin is anti abiding
- If you do not pass math you will not live. Today I present to you a choice between life and death. Teachers were not so smart back then.
- Siri, plus the sound of Siri and pretend to turn off your phone.
- Jesus and His Word – Abide, remain, live with
- Talk and listen
- selfish ambition
- Whatever you wish
- addictions, selfishness/ pride, love others
- Done for you
- Once you abide in Christ, the to do comes to you.
- Where is the problem resolved?
Plan to survive 2021?
Where do I start as I seek to abide in Jesus this week?
- Talk + listen to Jesus. It’s really that simple.
- Listen to Christian music
- Pray about praying.
- Buy a book on prayer.
I choose to see what God will do. Abide and watch Christ work. The opportunity is immense. If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you.