The Perfect Parent
- These principles are applicable to all relationships…
God is here to help you now
- If God did a lot for me in the past, future, why isn’t he doing something for me now?
- Ready to help you where he has placed you today.
Hebrews 12:7-11 CEV
Be patient when you are being corrected! This is how God treats his children. Don't all parents correct their children? God corrects all his children, and if he doesn't correct you, then you don't really belong to him. Our earthly fathers correct us, and we still respect them. Isn't it even better to be given true life by letting our spiritual Father correct us?
Our human fathers correct us for a short time, and they do it as they think best. But God corrects us for our own good, because he wants us to be holy, as he is. It is never fun to be corrected. In fact, at the time it is always painful. But if we learn to obey by being corrected, we will do right and live at peace.
- I am that earthly father. I did my best
You need to be willing to be helped
- I knew how I was going to do better with my kids than my parents. epic battles
- Hard-hearted – If I had a stone in my hands and I squeezed it with all my might…
- I feel I am right and God’s got nothing better.
- Illustration of parents who stormed out of the counseling session.
If you know how to do it, you’re doing it wrong
- Jesus had to ask people if they wanted to be healed.
- It’s not other people that are causing us the problems, we cause of our own problems.
- If you are carrying a bowl of water and someone bumps you
- Win the battle and lose the war. What is the war?
God is here to parent you
- As you are parenting your children, the heavenly Father is parenting you.
- He uses the lives of your children to advance his work in you.
- Who we become is more important than what our kids become
- “Lord, this is what I want to do in this situation. Show me your way and I will choose it.”
You are not alone
- You are not alone in your house with your children
- God is our parent but he also partners with us in all of our relationships.