START IN THE RIGHT PLACE
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
- EARTHQUAKE 1906. San Andreas Fault- under the south pier of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Where you build matters. If you start in the right place good things will happen. If you start in the wrong place everything will crash.
- Someone fired- betrayed- terminal-.accident- addicted
- Building a house can refer to your personal life, God’s house. Gov’t. race+sex
- What did his family say?
- Wisdom is the ability to apply God’s Word to decisions
- Illustration You can’t start in the wrong place and expect good things to happen.
- Unapplied truth is like unapplied paint.
- Believe it because God said it
- The only time Jesus was amazed was when with someone with big faith
- Illustration Faith is a living daring confidence in God’s grace. It is so sure that a man could stake his life in it a thousand times.
- Faith is a muscle, if you don’t exercise it, it will wither away.
- Illustration of Ammie and coaching schedule
- When we experience God’s faithfulness we’re actually experiencing God,
- God asks, “will you trust me even before you know what the outcome is?”
- The home of the wise builder remained
- Illustration Often on the rock I tremble faint of heart and weak of knee. But the steadfast Rock of Ages never trembles under me