- We live in a world that appears to be merely physical, but there is another realm, a spiritual realm, that interacts with the physical. The spiritual realm affects your life and my life.
- What do we know about Satan and demons?
- 5x – I will be like God – use scriptural references
- A worshiping creature who becomes competitive with God, out of heaven, and then Lucifer is followed by one third of the angels, according to Isaiah 14 and Revelation 12.
- Demons are the fallen angels that left heaven with Lucifer whenever God cast Lucifer out.
- There’s one devil, there’s many demons. What an angel is to God, a demon is to the devil.
- God and Satan are not equals.
- Satan’s mission- John 10 – his mission is to steal, to kill, and to destroy.
- God’s mission – John 8:12 – I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
- Ephesians 6:12 – For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms
- Demonic spirits were a constant reality in Jesus’ life, and that is no less the case today for us.
- What we learn about demons from Jesus: have minds, wills and get tired. Can be resisted.
- We need to understand how this world operates, so we can live according to God’s original design.
- there is a force at work in this world that does not want you to do good or live in the light.
- What demons do – they distract you from God’s will and tempt you to sin.
- Used car salesman – just throwing you with a myriad of bait to bite
- Any time you have a problem, you have a battle. – Every time you are presented with the opportunity to entertain a lustful thought, you have entered a spiritual battlefield. Be vindictive, be harsh and hurtful…
- Not battling flesh and blood but the spirits who are operating through those people.
- Example – I wanted to slug that demon’s head but my husband’s face kept getting in the way.
- If you are in Christ you have authority in the name of Jesus over darkness.
- When you speak, demons must obey—unless we give them a place to operate. Eph. 4:25-27
- This is the key – we need to know who we’re in this battle with
- Even the best boxer is useless if he is blindfolded
- There are 3 simple things we can do to keep the devil out of our lives
- First- keep a short leash on sin
- Second – pray defensive and offensive prayers
- Third – read your Bible