Most of our questions for God can be summarized into two questions:
- God Why?
- God When?
Be patient, then brothers, until the Lord’s coming.
The ultimate solution to pain and suffering in this life, isn’t found in this life.
The ultimate solution to pain and suffering in the world, won’t be found in this world as we know it.
See how the farmer? the Farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains.
You too, be patient and stand firm. Because the Lord’s coming is near.
Don’t grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!
James 5: 9
Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered.
The Lord IS full (not half full) of compassion and mercy.
We can respond to all of this in 3 ways:
- We can decide there is no God
- We can be mad at God
- We can trust Him when we don’t understand and be patient.
Learn How To Know Jesus
When you learn how to know Jesus, you begin an amazing journey into God’s plan for your life. Romans 3:23 says it this way: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Knowing Jesus is simply acknowledging your need for Him, believing what He did for you and accepting His amazing gift. It recognizes that you can’t live this life on your own, that you’ve sinned and are in need of a Savior. And the good news about knowing Jesus, about being saved, is the beautiful exchange that happens in that moment. You give Him all the bad and sinful things you’ve done, and in return, God gives you everything He has for you. Whether you know it or not yet, His plan for your life is amazing, and this is the first step on that journey.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
— JOHN 3:16
You Have Hope and a Future
- Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Isn’t it comforting to know there’s a plan for your life? Regardless of what’s happened along the way, regardless of the wrong turns and missteps, God has been leading you to this very moment. In fact, He’s been leading you right to Himself. The fact of the matter is your ultimate hope and future both lie in Him.
- That simply means, you can live your whole life with and for Jesus. And because of Him, because of His promise to never leave you or forsake you, you’ve now got something to be very excited about!
- God says in His Word in Romans 10:9, that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised His son Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved. Today, if you feel like Jesus is calling you to a personal relationship with Him, and you are ready to follow His leadership in everything that you do, pray this out loud:
- Jesus, I know that I have sinned and am in need of a Savior.
- I believe that when you went to the Cross, you went there for me and all my sins.
- I trust You to save me right now. I give you my life.
- Today, I know I’m saved and that You forgive me, but help me to understand what it means to live for you every day. Amen.
It’s a Journey: A Lifelong Process
- You may be asking yourself, What do I do now that I’ve accepted Christ? It’s a great question as you’ve taken your first step. Though today you may not feel any different, know that Christ has started working on the inside of you.
- Colossians 2:6-7 says, And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Those roots are established along the way through prayer, the reading of God’s Word, the Bible, and allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and direct you.
Starting Your Life with Christ
- The promise of God’s Word, and the words Jesus spoke to His disciples are this: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. – John 10:10
- You’ve been called to live a full and exciting life in Christ and we want to help you start your journey strong.
Sharing Your Faith with Others
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 (AMP)
We’ve been given a beautiful gift of salvation and it is our honor and calling to share that gift with a hurting world. It’s never too soon to be equip yourself.