Over your life the Lord was ensuring that you were accumulating everything you would need for the mission he has for you. But the success of the mission has always hinged on your being humble enough to know that it will be God’s move that will gain the victory.
- 1 Samuel 17:33-40
- The disaster of expectations people put on us and those we put on others.
GOD – who are you going to rise to?
- Goliath was 9’6”. David was 17 and King Saul was 59.
- John 6 – Problem of bread, proposed budget, willing boy.
- It dawned on Goliath that the battle he was expecting had suddenly changed shape.
- When Armour Is Not The Point. Envy, selfish ambition
- Proverbs 3:5—“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.”
- Enabling a ‘David’ to become a ‘Giant David’ and not grow into a ‘Goliath’ that another David can beat.
- We are to put on the spiritual armor of God (Eph. 6)
- Great breakthrough in my own life when I finally discovered that I could be me and God would use me.
- Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts (Zech. 4:6)
- King Saul ended up dying years later in a battle at his own hand and sword wearing his armor, and it was hung as a trophy in an idol’s temple
- I’m not surprised when I hear someone cheated on his spouse and left his kids but I’m surprised at forgiveness.
- God breaks in and He interrupts our predictable ways.
- The flesh is easy. The divine takes no less than divinity.
- This is the battle inside.
- We’re each capable of retaliating or responding from grace
- “The unarmed hand which grasps God’s hand should never tremble.”