- It just feels like we can’t find the joy in things, like we are too aware to trust or hope. Everyone has an angle.
- Unlike our parents , we never believed in anything. Our defining characteristic is cynicism. But that’s a double – edged sword. It protects you from crushing disappointment, but it paralyzes you from doing anything. David Goliath.
- Answer to prayer I think it would have happened anyways. Pastor Mary. Paul in prison.
- You cannot go on “explaining away” forever: you will find that you have explained explanation itself away
- Who then is the greatest in the Kingdom of God?
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
- Accepts we are desperate: We think we can change our child. We try to dominate the child with our own will. We are driven by the hope of real change, but believe the change occurs because we make the right moves .
- Until you are convinced that you can’t change your child’s heart, you will not take prayer seriously.
- Repentance mends a life: My heart gets out of tune with God, but life goes on. So I continue to perform and say Christian things. I talk about Jesus without the presence of Jesus. There is a disconnect between what I present and who I am. Eden. Salvation.
- Repentance brings the split personality together and restores integrity. The real self is made public.
- Cynicism looks for the cracks in Christianity instead of looking for the presence of Jesus . It is an orientation of the heart. The cure- develop an eye for Jesus.
- In order to see Jesus, look lower. See people for what God is doing in their lives.
- Jesus was everywhere. Matt-Noah. George Madan. Hiro posts. Victor L. Ammie Lisa. Headstone.
- The good news is that by following Jesus we don’t have to be captured by the spirit of the age. We don’t have to be defined by our culture. Like Paul in Philippi, we can sing in jail (Acts 16:25). Like David, we can calmly pick up five smooth stones when faced with overwhelming odds.