- Powerful and effective prayer is how God extends His kingdom, it’s how he defeats Satan and his empire of darkness and evil, and it’s how God brings His good will on earth. It is God’s means of covering the earth with His blessings.
- F.B. Meyer – “The great tragedy of life is not unanswered prayer, but unoffered prayer.”
- In 1952, Albert Einstein at Princeton, What is there left in the world for original dissertation research? Find out about prayer. Somebody must find out about prayer.
- Prayer is an untapped resource on an unexplored continent where untold treasures remain to be unearthed. It remains one of the greatest gifts our Lord has given us outside of salvation.
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
- How much prayer meant to Jesus It was his regular habit and his resort in every emergency. He prayed when perplexed, hard pressed by work, hungry for fellowship. He prayed when he chose his disciples and received his messages. He prayed when he was tempted, tired, Spiritually exhausted, criticized. Prayer gave him power. There was no emergency, difficulty, need, or temptation that prayer wouldn’t overcome.
- Nothing is more beneficial to growth in our relationship with Jesus than growth in the life of prayer. The more you pray, the more you will learn the secrets of God’s will and power. The more you pray, the closer your walk with him will and the stronger you will become by the Spirit’s power.
- It is a common temptation of Satan to make us give up the reading of the Word and prayer when our enjoyment is gone; as if it were of no use to read the scriptures when we do not enjoy them, and as if it were no use to pray when we have no desire to pray. The truth is that, in order to enjoy the Word, we ought to continue to read it, and the way to obtain a desire to pray is to continue praying. The less we read the Word of God, the less we enjoy reading it, and the less we pray, the less we desire to pray.”
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
- keep on… Ask> Seek> Knock> Fast> Burden> Wrestling> Warfare. Jesus does not want us to give up in prayer.
- “Prayer can do anything that God can do” E. M. Bounds
- No one is ever converted without someone somewhere interceding for them.
- Illustration of Howard Hendricks – I was so impressed I invited him to my home for lunch and asked him the secret of his success. He pulled out a little black book. On each page he had a small picture of one of the boys, and under the boy’s name were comments like “having trouble in arithmetic,” or “comes to church against parents’ wishes,” or “would like to be a missionary some day, but doesn’t think he has what it takes.” “I pray over those pages every day,” he said, “and I can hardly wait to come to church each Sunday to see what God has been doing in their lives.”
- When God doesn’t immediately answer prayer, we often lose heart and give up praying. Prayer links us with the omnipotent God.
- The moment we pray is the moment the enemy is defeated. That’s when it’s established in heaven. That’s when the victory happens.
- Our prayers will make a difference.
- Our prayers elease his compassion, provision, comfort, and most importantly, release his spirit. So even in the worst of places, when people are suffering the most, there’s going to be the spirit of the Most High God released through our prayers.