When you put God in first place in our life, a thousand problems are solved all at once
- The frustrating part to me about our dreams is that we know that our bad habits are what is making our dreams impossible.
- Starting today I am going to share the 4 habits that if you apply them will lead to you achieving your dreams.
- Habit #1 – Focus on what I do first. The habit of priorities.
Problem of not choosing your priorities
- Whatever has first place in your life directs how you live it. I’m no exception to this rule, and neither are you. So who or what has first place for you? What factor most determines how you choose to live? What causes you to decide where to invest most of your time, money, and energy? How do you select which relationships to nurture and which ones to keep casual? What gets your best?
- A challenge we have to confront people not wanting to give God priority. This causes us to become bogged down with worry, resentment and bitterness. Eventually it shows up as sickness and disease in our bodies. And in our culture, this behavior causes a decline in our moral standards and attitudes.
Priorities are the secret
- Happiness isn’t about more, better, or greater; it’s about order.
A life of anxiety is never an issue of unmet need but always an issue of disordered priorities.
- When you choose to live the God-first life, you are making the choice to restore order. Not things first, stuff first, or me first, but God first. When order is restored, blessing is released.
- First, we need to realize that we don’t put or make God first. He is first (Revelation 1:8). God is the creator of all and His glory is the reason for all (Romans 11:36). He is the sovereign King and Ruler over everything and everyone (Psalm 47:2–3; 1 Timothy 1:17).
- Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.”
- Jesus did not say that we shouldn’t seek those things, but that we shouldn’t seek them first. Jesus wasn’t against happiness — he just redefined how to get it. All those things are a byproduct of putting God first.
- When we put God in first place in our lives, a thousand problems are solved all at once
How to make God your priority
Habit #1 – Focus on what I do first. The habit of priorities.
- It’s not about a bunch of dos and don’ts. It’s about making some simple but powerful decisions, and it all starts with the decision to put God first.
- Christianity is when you reorder your life to give God first place.
First one I trust
- Jesus never put His trust in any person. Yet He was never suspicious, never bitter, and never lost hope for anyone, because He put His trust in God first. He trusted absolutely in what God’s grace could do for others. If I put my trust in human beings first, the end result will be my despair and hopelessness toward everyone. I will become bitter because I have insisted that people be what no person can ever be.
First of my income
- The tithe is an example of this.
First of my week
- Begin your week with God. what would happen if you were here for 52 sundays. Don’t give God an hour, but give him the whole day. You’ll get more done in 6 days than 7.
First of my day
- The first 15 minutes.
- 5 minutes in the word > 5 minutes in song > 5 minutes in prayer
When God has first place…
- God has a “way” for our lives. God wants to be fully involved in your life, and he has a game plan, a path, a way for your life that is designed specifically for you.
- We don’t have to carry the weight of our life alone. Jesus invites you to keep step with him while he does the heavy lifting.
- God’s way is better than ours. Amazingly, God’s way is not only all those things, but it also meets us wherever we are. When you feel like your life . . . is a mess, God works all things out for your good.