How Can I Make the Most of My Life (Part 1)
Our lives move in the direction of our strongest thoughts.
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the spirit.
So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But this is important, but letting the spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
Your life is moving in the direction of your strongest thoughts.
Are you excited about the direction your thoughts are taking you?
Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.
Don't copy the behaviors and customs of this world. But let God transform you by the renewing of your mind.
Though we live in the world, we don't wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
- I am fully known and fully loved by the Father
- Fear does not rule over me-fear of people, or fear of the future- My God has given me a hope and a future, and fear of man is a snare.
- I am not a people pleaser- I live to please the Father
- Shame, anger, and fear no longer define me, I am not a victim, I now live in the confidence of being a powerful man of God. He has turned my weakness into strength.
- I love my wife and will serve and lay down my life for her and I will fight for her heart.
- I love my son and he will serve God. I will train, equip and empower him to do more for God’s Kingdom than he can possibly imagine. I will equip him to be a man.
- I will work hard to stay patient, and mentally present in his life and heart
- I have healthy relationships, I work through conflict, and run toward peace
- I establish boundaries, I am not a push over
- I have a sound mind-I am mentally strong
- I invite God in to renew my mind today
- I am disciplined
- I am patient
- I am smart
- I am joyful
- I am Courageous
- I am grateful
- I am self sacrificing
- I am generous
- I am teachable and I keep an open mind toward growth
- I am determined and hard working
- I am strategic with my time, money and resources
- I have the ability to learn new hard things
- I am getting stronger every day
- I have self control, I CHOOSE to control my eating, my flesh, my spending, my thoughts, attitudes, eyes and words by the power of the Spirit
- I take all thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ.
- I am a leader and I develop people and bring them closer to Christ
- I have a mindset of abundance and growth, not scarcity
- I have faith and resilience and can walk through difficult situations because God gives me strength and has made me stronger than I think
- Christ in me is stronger than the wrong desires in me
- I am not alone in any endeavor, His eager Spirit walks with me- I plan my life, commit my plans to the Lord, but God is the one who allows it to happen
- I am called and anointed and have the power of the Holy Spirit to do good works
- I forgive those that have hurt me in the past and live in the freedom of wishing them well today.
- I am not easily offended and will not hold onto bitterness.
- I am creative, innovative, driven, focused, and blessed beyond measure—because the Holy Spirit dwells within me giving me power- I bring joy into the world around me.
- I choose to live my life in wisdom and discipline
- I am called and equipped to go after the righteous desires God puts in my heart
- I am not stuck in worry because Jesus offers a peace this world cannot give.