Importance of Hope
Thriving people thrive for one reason—they commit to the things that produce inner strength and hope
The single most important thing you do is to make sure you stay encouraged. If you’re not encouraged, eventually nothing else matters.
- the greatest gift you can give your family—hope.
- the greatest gift you can give your friends—hope.
- the greatest gift you can give your neighbors—hope.
- the greatest gift you can give your coworkers—hope.
“When couples get that 10 percent improvement, they get hope. And when someone gets hope, anything is possible.”
You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there – Edwin Louis Cole
The events you attend, the materials you read, the music you hear, the images you watch, and the daydreams you engage in are shaping your mind and ultimately shaping your actions, character, and destiny.
Any great thing that has ever happened in life, in a family, in a marriage, in a community, in a country, and in the world happened only because someone had achieved a higher level of hope.
Story of James Riley who was a merchant captain from Connecticut who left his family and took command of a ship called the Commerce, and ran aground at Cape Bojador in North Africa.
“Dare you distrust the power of that God who has preserved you for so long by his miracles? No, my friend, the God of heaven and of earth is your friend, and he will not forsake you.” – Muslim slave to fellow slave Captain Jame Riley when we was hopeless.
- Authentic worship renews your strength.
- Authentic worship reconnects you with God.
- Authentic worship restores your perspective.
- Authentic worship rekindles your hope.
- Authentic worship rebuilds your confidence.
- Authentic worship restores your joy.
- Authentic worship releases your anxieties.
The story of Jeremiah
African slaves, be able to sing, “Over my head I hear music in the air. Over my head I hear music in the air. Over my head I hear music in the air. There must be a God somewhere.”
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.