Broken relationships, illnesses and suffering are all reminders of the devastation of sin. But the Bible also reminds us that the real battle is not against flesh and blood but “against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” The question we have to ask ourselves is, am I praying according to God’s accomplished victory? And am I living is a way that exposes me to demonic influence?
THE DEVILS REACH
- It is stupid of modern civilization to have given up believing in the Devil, when he is the only explanation of it.
- Sometimes we take him far too seriously. Other times we do not take him seriously enough.
- Many of our sins arise simply from our own weakness and the habits of sin we have developed.
- We need to ask ourselves, Is our spirit susceptible to activity of demonic beings? In the individual, family, church, and society.
- The Bible uses strong words that pertain to warfare
- Abolish Beat down Break down Cast down Cast out Chase Destroy Fight Prevail
- Ephesians 6:10-12
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- fought in a place we have never seen.
- spiritual is fleshed out in the physical
- the root of the war is something you cannot see – the effects of the war are clearly seen and felt.
- everything physical is either influenced or caused by something spiritual.
- The people are real. problems health issues challenges conflicts are real. But none of them are the root of the problem.
- The demons do their job by distracting us from focusing on the root.
- If all you see is what you see, you will never see all that there is to be seen.
SOLUTION – WAR
- Don’t invite the Enemy into your camp. Trojan horse
- Difference between victory vs. defeat – When the Holy Spirit’s presence is free to manage—through our spirit—our feelings, emotions, and desires.
SOLUTION – PRAYER
- Response to body builder, “What a waste to have all of those muscles and not use them.”
- Prayer plugs us into the power source.
- There is no substitute for prayer—not energy, not enthusiasm, not eloquence, not intellect.
- Simply defined, prayer is earthly permission for heavenly interference.
- We don’t ask for enough in prayer
- sensitivity to the Spirit
- submission to the Father
- standing against the devil
- separation from the world
- Seriousness of purpose