Doing what Jesus says is the concrete of our life’s foundation
BUILDING ON SAND MAKES FOR A REGRETTABLE LIFE
- San Francisco Millennium Tower (say with conviction) We’re living in a world where people’s lives and families are leaning and we’re changing windows and doors and truth without solidify the foundation of the applied word of God.
- No couple seriously walks down the aisle, preplanning a divorce. No couple enters wanting to have a ruined relationship, a failed marriage, rebellious children. No. You want to build a house that is build a solid, meaningful, deep family structure. – addictions, homeless, porn. how far can I go? foundation issues?
- Are we accumulating material possessions that won’t last beyond the grave? Are we investing ourselves in things that will someday go bankrupt?
- Funerals are like a storm in our lives. They reveal what our lives were built on and why.
GOD ONLY BUILDS ON ROCK
“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”
- “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?
- he never answered his own question, but you have to.
- First – you cannot build a skyscraper on the foundation of a chicken coop
- Second – it did not become apparent which was the strong house until the storm came.
- Sometimes God has to come through and blow stuff away so you will know what to build on.
GOD HAS SKYSCRAPER PLANS FOR US
Jesus took men whose lives would have been about a 30 mile radius and said I’m going to send you to the four corners of the ancient world, and they went all over the world.
Not everything we build is built on Jesus. Sometimes we wish we had not built.
- Built on something other than Jesus? Like, revenge, bitterness, anger, apathy?
- Is this what I have to live with? The worst thing in the world is to actually be trapped inside of a life you have to live in. Because sometimes what we build actually becomes a prison and it holds us captive.
- So I’ve looked back on my life and I built things I did not want to build.
- And so I’ve made it my intention, my life mission to not only live a life of love for Jesus, to build as Jesus says and to make sure that when I look back on my life, I can say Jesus built this.
DOING WHAT JESUS SAYS IS THE CONCRETE OF OUR FOUNDATION
In our church we’ve installed motion detector lighting. Does not to work until motion’s detected.
Illustration – clean your room.
Throughout the scripture when God wanted to do something special or miraculous or supernatural, he would require the people to do something first. Red Sea. Jordan. Lazarus. Peter.
Bozo the Clown Punching Bag – No matter what I do to it up here, down there, determines where things wing up. If you’re resting on the right foundation, you’re coming back.
What is God asking you to do… that you are not?
Some things don’t happen without prayer and fasting. Put it into practice.
Some of you are are still looking for head knowledge. Put it into practice.