Faith and Action
1. Faith AND Action – It is the exercise of our faith that benefits us
James 2: 14-17
- There is a seamless relationship between faith and works.
- What we do is not only a benefit to others, but significantly to us
2. Faith BEFORE Action – Action takes faith.
- Do you really believe that God answers prayer? Then what are you going to do about it?
- Take action even when you aren’t sure of the end result.
- We are to put feet to our faith.
3. Faith AFTER Action – Many times action leads to faith.
Example of Abraham
- There is no practical everyday value to simply believing.
- You see what you celebrate about Abraham’s life is not as faith. It is his deeds.
Example of Rahab
- Because she believed because she believed and acted on her faith.
- Our greatest regrets have very little to do with what we believe.
- How will I live my life? Will you believe in the gods and habits from Jericho? Or will you be a person who begins to live life out of God’s story?
James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
- The call to faith is nothing less than a call to Jesus Himself.
- Because when you begin to apply what you believe life, change happens, and God begin to preserve for you, those things that he so desperately wants to preserve, and begins to put back together in your life, those things that you want to see him put back together.
THE BOTTOM LINE – James 2: 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
Learn How To Know Jesus
When you learn how to know Jesus, you begin an amazing journey into God’s plan for your life. Romans 3:23 says it this way: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Knowing Jesus is simply acknowledging your need for Him, believing what He did for you and accepting His amazing gift. It recognizes that you can’t live this life on your own, that you’ve sinned and are in need of a Savior. And the good news about knowing Jesus, about being saved, is the beautiful exchange that happens in that moment. You give Him all the bad and sinful things you’ve done, and in return, God gives you everything He has for you. Whether you know it or not yet, His plan for your life is amazing, and this is the first step on that journey.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
— JOHN 3:16
You Have Hope and a Future
- Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Isn’t it comforting to know there’s a plan for your life? Regardless of what’s happened along the way, regardless of the wrong turns and missteps, God has been leading you to this very moment. In fact, He’s been leading you right to Himself. The fact of the matter is your ultimate hope and future both lie in Him.
- That simply means, you can live your whole life with and for Jesus. And because of Him, because of His promise to never leave you or forsake you, you’ve now got something to be very excited about!
- God says in His Word in Romans 10:9, that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised His son Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved. Today, if you feel like Jesus is calling you to a personal relationship with Him, and you are ready to follow His leadership in everything that you do, pray this out loud:
- Jesus, I know that I have sinned and am in need of a Savior.
- I believe that when you went to the Cross, you went there for me and all my sins.
- I trust You to save me right now. I give you my life.
- Today, I know I’m saved and that You forgive me, but help me to understand what it means to live for you every day. Amen.
It’s a Journey: A Lifelong Process
- You may be asking yourself, What do I do now that I’ve accepted Christ? It’s a great question as you’ve taken your first step. Though today you may not feel any different, know that Christ has started working on the inside of you.
- Colossians 2:6-7 says, And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Those roots are established along the way through prayer, the reading of God’s Word, the Bible, and allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and direct you.
Starting Your Life with Christ
- The promise of God’s Word, and the words Jesus spoke to His disciples are this: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. – John 10:10
- You’ve been called to live a full and exciting life in Christ and we want to help you start your journey strong.
Sharing Your Faith with Others
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 (AMP)
We’ve been given a beautiful gift of salvation and it is our honor and calling to share that gift with a hurting world. It’s never too soon to be equip yourself.