- Waiting is always hard.
- Easy – Birth of a child
- Hard – Airports are horrible places to wait.
- The Bible says in Proverbs 16:9 that in our heart we plan our course but the Lord ultimately determines our steps.
- Maybe, like Mary, you don’t want a baby in a manger, either. COVID, MONEY PROBLEMS, RELATIONSHIPS, PROBLEM BOSS
But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman…
- Yale historian, Jasola Slav Pelican, “Regardless of what anyone may personally think or believe about him. Jesus of Nazareth has been the dominant figure in the history of Western culture for almost 20 centuries. If it were possible with some sort of super magnet to pull up out of history, every trace of his name, how much would be left? You see, the impact of Jesus’s influence on the world cannot be measured. When you look at our culture, Jesus’ teachings have impacted education, showed us how to view the oppressed and the poor; inspired medicine; reshaped our thinking of money; gave us new ideas about who our neighbor was. Without Jesus there would still be slavery and the undervaluing of women and children.
- You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. But we must live it looking forward, and that’s hard.”
- We’re still waiting, and that is the true spirit of Christmas.
- She was able to personally watch the impossible become possible.