PROBLEM – I keep waiting
- Ten year challenge
- Magic formula, luck, hard work, knowledge
GOD – A lot of us want our lives to change but we don’t change what we do every day
- You’ve tried to change your ways, but have you asked God to change you?
- The purpose of this church is to take you on a journey that brings the best out of you.
- (Ephesians 2:10) For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- God had a thing for you to do first and then he created you.
- My purpose? Show others the same love Jesus has for me. How do I grow in my love for Jesus?
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’ MLK
APPLICATION – Habit #3 – Keep my life aligned with my purpose.
- If I got up with you in the morning and went through the day with you, watching you for twenty-four hours, I could tell in what direction your life is headed.
- Make a decision
- The 57 Rules of Success #1 Deliver the goods. #2 The other 56 don’t matter.
- There are only a handful of important decisions people need to make in their entire lifetimes.
- Take 5 wacks at a tree every day.
VISION – 10 years from now
- The Mongols, spoke a certain curse against an enemy. They didn’t hurl words calling for their enemy’s swords to rust or for their people to die of disease. Instead they said, “May you stay in one place forever.”
- What are you doing that’s new? Enlarge my boundaries.
- What am I holding on to that I need to let go of to achieve freedom and purpose?
- “If you can’t fly, then run; if you can’t run, then walk; if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.”