Depending on God is less about trust and more about glorifying God
Problems happen when we are not aware of God’s guidance
- Driving on a dangerous road is a lot like the road of life. Just as a city provides road signs to help us, God can guide us through life to live our purpose.
- Part of the reason I rely on myself is that I lack the vision to see just how involved God is in my problems.
- There is a disconnect from my faith in God to get me to heaven and my trust in God to navigate me through life.
God reminds us that we are and have nothing without him.
- The principle of dependence is that Jesus has provided for all of our needs
- John 15:4,5 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
- If we are not aware that we need him, we will never depend on him.
- We believe there is a principle Jesus gives us for every problem in the world. The Bible has
the generalprinciple and the Holy Spirit will give you the personal application of that principle.
When faced with a problem, depending on God should be the first and only thing we do
- In matters of dependency, most of us start with ourselves and work back to God.
- There would be a lot less pain in life if we would start with God.
- If you are a ‘try harder’ person, trying harder just gets in the way.
- How do you know if you’re really depending on God? What you depend on is where you go first. Ask yourself, do I depend on God? Where do I go first for help?
We are at our best when we depend on God for everything
- The Bible does not say God helps those who help themselves. It says God works through us as he purposed. But only if we are surrendered and willing to let him.
Steps – opportunities to respond – surrender these areas. All In with God.
- 1. God loves you and has a plan for your life. And he is willing to provide every single need you have.
- 2. Make an honest evaluation of yourself. Can you make it apart from Jesus?
- 3. Confess, “I am not depending on you but myself. Help live
inaway that gives you all the glory for my life” Prayer – “God I am relying on you to…”