Is This a Test?
- I don’t need Jesus, I’m self sufficient.
- self sufficiency=you have to be a controller. The way that I am most comfortable, safe, and secure.
- Controller = Functional atheist – Someone who responds with “what am I going to do?”
- You are in a place of self sufficiency and I will bring you out of self-sufficiency.
- John 6:1-14. Going back in time.
- Domestic violence.
- “Did not do what I told him to do…”
- This story is given to teach us that our relationship with God is not about what we tell him to do.
- Faith must be tested for it to increase.
- God doesn’t deliver us, it’s the test that is actually delivering us.
- Hebrews 11:6 Without faith it is impossible to please God.
- control vs. Jesus (small me vs. big God)
- Whether you think God can or can’t, you’re right
- Life is about making an eternal impact upon people’s lives.
- When God asks us a question, we can already see in it what he wants to do
- We are called to produce something that transcends human strength and is going to last for eternity.
- We’re to be his followers, instruments, and doing what He wants to do
- God himself is ready to do great things through us